Lovin' our Big Boy!

Lovin' our Big Boy!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Books Are Great - Babies, Not So Much

Jack went to our local branch of the library on Monday with me in search of Shel Silverstein books. He loves The Giving Tree and wanted to check out the books featured on the book's jacket. So off we went on an adventure. Historically it has been difficult to get Jack interested in new books without a common theme, character or plot, but on this day he was an avid book collector. He checked out 15 books in all and as of Tuesday nite, a mere 30 hours later, he has read, all by himself, 11 of them! He also is the proud owner of his very own library card, complete with lanyard and key fob! This is NOT your Daddy's library card!



Here are the titles that were of interest to Jack this week. Perhaps I can get him to review a few of them soon.

The Missing Piece Meets The Big O
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros
A Giraffe and a Half
(all by Shel Silverstein) and...
No Haircut Today
Busytown Collection of Stories
The Baker's Dozen
When Sophie Gets Angry...Really, Really Angry
Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing
I Love School
Who Needs Donuts?
Percy's Chocolate Crunch
How Much Is That Doggie In the Window?
No, David!
The Best Mistake Ever and other stories


Then, after reading Mother Cat's Busy Day (from the R. Scarry Busytown Collection) and Sophie Gets Angry, Really, Really Angry we talked about how much we missed each other while he was at a sleepover at Mimi and Grandpa's house the night before. I asked him who he missed the most and, of course, he said Tyler. Then he said "I'm so glad that I love my brother. But I really do not want a sister, PLEASE!" Here is a peek at Jack being an awesome big brother to Tyler.



1 comment:

Candie Bowen said...

First of all- What do you have to do to get a lanyard??? I just got Brody a new card & no one offered or mentioned a lanyard- so dissapointing!! I'm so jealous of everyone who has one. Way to go Jack on your reading!!! I watched ALL of your video & I am so impressed!